Sunday 28 October 2007

Kalidescope


Finally managed to photograph this necklace but it really doesn't do the beads justice.

My passion is for lampwork beads I can't get enough of them and Laura Sparling is one of my favourite lampworkers. I've combined loads of sterling silver beads and some Swarovski with the beads to make this necklace which drapes just beautifully. It's for sale on my website at the moment but I might be tempted to keep it myself.

On a seperate note to beads and jewellery we adopted a cat on Friday. We have always been a family of animal lovers especially for cats but after we lost both of ours within a couple of years of each other we decided that it was just too stressful to have another cat. However, friends of ours are moving to Spain and they just didn't think their 8 year old moggie would cope with the move so asked if we'd take her in. We nearly bit their hands off and are now the proud 'parents' to Minnie, she's just the most gentle, friendly cat I've met and has settled into our home as if she's been there all her life.

8 comments:

Kebo Jewellery said...

Lovely bracelet...the colours are great!

Kebo Jewellery said...

Sorry, I mean necklace, not bracelet!!!!!!!

Karen said...

I would have loved to have had more of these beads to make a bracelet too. But I suppose that's what makes them special, they're one of a kind.

Gemheaven said...

Wow thats beautiful I too love Lauras beads :D

Siana said...

That is a lush necklace.
I love Laura's beads but never been lucky enough to get any!

Laura Sparling said...

Karen - the necklace is gorgeously fantastic!

I ran out of fine silver wire so I've been out of 'Spangle' bead production for a while but I recently took delivery of a BIG reel so expect more Spangles soon .....

Laura x

Laura Sparling said...

Forgot to say - what a lovely story about Minnie. She was obviously meant to come and live with you. Aw!

Laura x

Janine - Pretty Vintage Tea Party said...

This is such a gorgeous necklace! You have certainly done lauras fantastic beads justice!!!

Janine x